Thank you for showing interest in writing a guest post for Hands-On.Cloud. We are glad you are here.
Writing for us is a great way to show your expertise and establish yourself as an expert in the field. Additionally, you get exposure via our social media channels and our goodwill 🙂 .
Please take some time to review this entire page as it clearly explains the guidelines, the submission process, and the type of content we accept.
What We Look for
Successful guest post contributions should be comprehensive, data-driven, interesting, and educational. To increase your chances of getting published on our blog, ensure that your contribution:
- Is a relevant, well-researched post (preferably 1000+ words) with actionable tips.
- Is 100% original and unpublished. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Only includes claims that are backed by links to credible research or case studies. Avoid citing our competitors, and using any irrelevant promotional links to websites.
- Includes examples and relevant images to illustrate your point. Avoid using stock photos that don’t add any value to the copy. Use diagrams.net or LucidChart to visualize data, information, processes, ideas, and frameworks.
- Includes subheadings, bullet points, and shorter paragraphs which make the article more readable.
- Includes code samples and commands to give readers hands-on experience on following your guidance.
Topics We Cover
Most of our audience consists of individuals and teams, from different organizational IT departments, who are looking for tips, best practices, and guides on how to automate cloud infrastructure or use cloud services. As we aim to build a reputable library of information and insights that they can refer to improve and streamline their workflows, we only accept clear, compelling content falling into the following categories:
- AWS CDK
- AWS SAM
- Machine Learning & AI
* Please refer to the existing posts on our blog to understand and identify more topics, content layouts, language, and tone that we prefer, further.
- Exposure to a massive audience
The blog gets 70,000+ visitors per month and is increasing steadily.
- Social Media Exposure
We maintain an active presence on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. All your articles will be shared via these networks for additional exposure.
Please note that we will not pay for your articles. If you’re a professional writer and think you can create great articles for us, contact us with some previous writing samples.
- Submissions must meet the Hands-On.Cloud content team’s quality standards in order to get published. Editors reserve the right to reject contributions at their discretion and make minor edits to your article.
- Your article must be 1000+ words and offer something valuable to our readers.
- You can only have 1 self-serving link. Either a link to a relevant, informative, resource (i.e. a blog post) in the body of the article (dofollow link) or to your site or to any social media channel in the author bio (dofollow link). You can link to other relevant articles from the Hands-On.Cloud blog that may add value to the article. But please refrain from excessive linking. In general, it’s best to keep the link count under 5.
- Outgoing links must be relevant to our blog. For example, linking to dating sites, SEO agencies, Credit-related sites, etc. aren’t allowed.
- Once published on our blog you cannot publish it anywhere else, including your own blog.
- Images and videos are encouraged, as they make the article look further enticing to the reader.
- Images width should be 2048 pixels or less. Please send them as a separate attachment.
- Make sure not to violate copyright when using images. Give credit when needed.
- To submit your article idea, please fill out the form below.
Consider These When You Write for Us
- Upon your article submission, the article (except for any background technology), including without limitation all intellectual property rights in the article (except for any background technology), will be the sole and exclusive property of Hands-On.Cloud LLC, and Hands-On.Cloud LLC will be deemed to be the author thereof.
- We'll update content continuously to improve quality and rankings but will not touch your backlinks for at least 12 months after the publication date ("we'll keep your links forever" till you're updating your referenced content)
- We decided to open up for guest posting to give our readers and entrepreneurs a chance to build their brand. So we like to work with real people and not with SEO agencies. Please get to know us a bit better before sending us your article. Follow us on our social media channels and share our other articles. This will greatly increase your chances of getting published.
- We get ~20 submissions per month. Therefore avoid sending emails asking whether your article is getting published or not. If we have selected your article, you’ll hear from us.
The page is a bit long and the requirements a bit stiff, but we feel it’s necessary to reduce spam submissions. Looking forward to some great articles. If we think it’s the right fit, we’ll be in touch to discuss the next steps and anything else we need to publish your post.